In partnership with the Points of Light Institute, the Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism has been selected as a hub for the state of Arizona to support the national expansion of the Service Enterprise Initiative (SEI). A Service Enterprise is an organization that fundamentally leverages volunteers and their skills across all levels of the organization to successfully deliver on its social mission.
Service Enterprise Certification
The SEI is a holistic change management process that helps organizations transform and maximize the way they engage human talent. By working toward this type of excellence in community engagement and through earning the Service Enterprise certification, your organization will be better positioned to leverage the time and skills of volunteers, to expand program operations and revenues, realize higher programmatic impact, generate more operational efficiencies and better achieve your mission.
Special Invitation…Please Complete Application (below) by Wednesday, April13, 2016
We cordially invite your organization to participate in the launch of the Service Enterprise Initiative for the state of Arizona as a member of our first cohort of organizations served by the initiative. In exchange, the cost of the trainings, assessment and application will be waived for the first cohort.
How does Service Enterprise increase your Return on Volunteer Investment (ROVI)?
- For every $1 invested in effective volunteer engagement, nonprofits can expect up to $6 in return through more effective program delivery
- Research demonstrates that Service Enterprises are more adaptable, sustainable and able to scale impact
- More effectively deliver on the social mission
- Operate at almost half the median budget as peers
- Special recognition through GuideStar as a certified Service Enterprise
At the Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism we know that as a mission-driven organization, you continually face the challenge of doing more with less. This is why it is important to invest and excel in volunteer engagement practices that lead to better achieving your mission.
Through our SEI training (valued at a minimum of $2,500), you will have access to:
- A thorough and research-based assessment of existing organizational volunteer engagement practices called the Service Enterprise Diagnostic (SED).
- Up to 16 hours of team based change management training to help you reimagine ways to better engage volunteers and develop and implement an action plan to achieve success.
- Individualized coaching to address unique organizational opportunities and challenges.
- National certification signifying the organization’s commitment to and proficiency in appropriately leveraging the time and skills of volunteers to meet the social mission of the organization.
What is your commitment?
This opportunity a multi-month commitment of approximately 40 hours which includes:
- Completing a short application to gain acceptance into the program by Wednesday, April 13, 2016.
- The Executive Director, Volunteer Manager and one additional person complete an online diagnostic toward the end of April, followed by a review of the results in May.
- Attend an orientation scheduled for Tuesday, April 26, 2016, in the Phoenix area.
- Attend four afternoons of training covering the SE characteristics and planning for a strengthened organizational culture and structure for volunteer engagement (recommended for at least key 3 staff), tentatively starting May 19, and continuing forward in three week intervals.
- Following the completion of the trainings, over the following four to eight weeks, receive follow up coaching to apply for Certification as a Service Enterprise concluding with an on-site visit.
- Become one of the first organizations in Arizona to certify as a Service Enterprise.
The Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism has partnered with the Volunteer Center at the United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona, the Northern Arizona University Civic Service Institute and Betz & Company to implement the Service Enterprise Initiative for Arizona and is now seeking organizations interested in and willing to make a commitment to the process of becoming a certified Service Enterprise.
Ready to get started?
If you are ready for your organization to be considered for the first cohort, please complete the Service Enterprise application at https://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_24vb8GcP7k10QrX.
If you have additional questions or for more information, please contact feel free to contact Bog Shogren at the Governor's Commission on Service and Volunteerism at 602-364-2248 or email@example.com.