Fall Membership Meeting Synopsis
- New Meeting Format - See Calendar for dates of each gathering of AVACA.
* A new format for the 2016-2017 year. The Membership meetings with CVA educational programs will meet every other month beginning in October. A new informal networking lunch will occur on the every other month beginning in November. Please come prepared to share resources that have a benefit to you. A new book club gathering will occur every other month beginning in December.
- The book chosen by vote of the membership for the book club is Born to Be Good by Dacher Kettner. The book will be provided to AVACA members FREE! The book will be distributed to the members at the Networking lunch in November. The first book club meeting will occur on Wednesday, December 7th at 4pm at Hob Nobs in Phoenix.
- An article, The Six Habits of Highly Empathic People, by Roman Krznaric recently published in on the Greater Good website was shared.
- The CVA educational presentation was led by Sharon Kinsella. The topic was Strategic Volunteer Engagement.
- Reminder that it's time to renew your AVACA membership or a great time to join for the first time! Please pay membership on line by clicking "Join". It's going to be an exciting year and we want you to be part of it.
- The AVACA Facebook Page, Association of Volunteer Administrators in Central Arizona is taking on new life. Please Like the page so that you can stay up to date with news and inspiration. Please email Linda Llewellyn at LlindaLlou@cox.net if there's something in particular you would like to see more of or have something you would like posted.
- See you at the next gathering, The November Networking Lunch on Thursday, November 10th at Noon at Blanco Tacos in Phoenix at the Biltmore. See calendar for more details. Till then, have a great month!
Do you like this post?