Arizona Center for Nature Conservation
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator and ZooTeen Supervisor
Supervisor: Volunteer Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time, Regular, Exempt
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Volunteer Manager to ensure the success of the Phoenix Zoo’s Volunteer Program and for directly overseeing the ZooTeen Program and corporate volunteer groups. The Volunteer Coordinator is also responsible for providing administrative support for the Volunteer Program, which includes email and phone communication and database management.
1. Provide quality guest service to both internal and external guests by maintaining a WILD (friendly, helpful, positive and professional) working attitude and appearance.
2. Support the Volunteer Manager in overseeing the Volunteer Program by assisting with recruitment, intake and orientation, retention, daily support, evaluation, and discipline.
3. Ensure high quality communication between the Zoo and all volunteers.
4. Oversee the ZooTeen Program’s recruitment, intake and orientation, retention, daily support, evaluation, and discipline.
5. Provide administrative support to the Volunteer and ZooTeen Programs through email and phone communication, database management, and generating of reports.
6. Collaborate with the Volunteer Manager to conduct annual and ongoing evaluation of the ZooTeen Program.
7. Ensure that all teen and corporate volunteers that interface with the Zoo are highly satisfied and represent the Zoo in the highest professional manner.
8. Collaborate with necessary staff to coordinate corporate volunteer groups that work with the Zoo.
9. Provide ongoing support for all staff that work with ZooTeen volunteers.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Previous experience working with youth volunteers.
3. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. Ability to demonstrate confidence and comfort supporting youth development.
5. A demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise discretion and independent judgment.
6. Ability to thrive in a high-pace and dynamic environment.
7. Posses a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
8. Ability to be team player and demonstrate leadership qualities.
9. Strong oral, written interpersonal communication skills.
10. Possession of valid driver’s license.
11. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, drug test, DMV check and clear annual TB test.
For more information on how to apply, visit http://phoenixzoo.org/careers/.